Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   86 NE SSP! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394)

86NeSSP 05-30-2007 11:50 PM

86 NE SSP!

Wow this car is very original! I have gone through a lot of the car and not found the build sheet as of yet and may not.

Found the front seat back is broken badly.

Matt

86NeSSP 05-31-2007 12:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Yep broken and I don't think there is any repair for this.

Matt

86NeSSP 05-31-2007 01:06 AM

This car was for sure a home for a lot of MICE! THis is a get a mask and eye protection and keep the vacuum close as you tear into it. There is mouse/rat crap everywhere. I pulled everything off the driver seat to wash it up and see if they fade from washing machine washing or not. If there is no fade then I will remove the covers off all my other seats and wash them that way.

I can't wait until I have a good catback or some better mufflers to install into the system to replace the bad ones already on the catback I have for the car.

Matt

predator20 05-31-2007 01:10 AM

Does all the wiring in the dash look okay?

86NeSSP 05-31-2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 2797)
Does all the wiring in the dash look okay?

Haven't looked yet... I will be removing the cover to repair and dye it back to the original color. I am sure the wiring is fine as the areas that looked to have major rodent traffic and wiring had no issues with it.

Matt

jarhed123 05-31-2007 05:33 PM

I found the build sheet of my car, or what was left of it, under the carpet behind the driver's seat.

xnutt 06-01-2007 09:42 AM

the build sheet may not be there matt. the guy had it tore apart pretty good.

glad to see your making progress on it.

86NeSSP 06-01-2007 12:10 PM

I will keep looking as I need to get the headliner out of it so that I can put some dynamat in the roof of the car and also replace the headliner.

Matt

86NeSSP 07-17-2007 05:38 PM

I just need to clean the carpet and replace the headliner with a good like color one and the interior other than the driver seat being recovered it will be complete.

I got the door panel I needed for the passenger side as well as the dahs under column piece I needed and a tail light lense. Foureyepride is great for these early cars.

Now that I have a paying job again I will be trying to get the rest of this car finished.

Matt

86NeSSP 08-17-2007 01:47 PM

I still have a lot of stuff to do for the car but I am getting excited about the car coming together as I am going home this weekend and while I am there I am picking up a Jetsonic lightbar for the car that Mike has put together for me from a few parts bars and all I need then is a period correct light and siren box for the car and I am really half way done with this car. just needs some interior stuff cleaned up as well as the frame section replaced and then a paint job and decals. Well maybe some magnetics for the car as I will drive this one until the 87 TxDPS SSP is completed and I can find a Non-SSP 86 Coupe for my daily driver.

My truck when at home uses to much GAS so something lighter on the pocket book is really needed.

Hey what can I say I think my 86 is the only one to be known to exist from Nedraska.

Thanks again Mike for the lightbar I really do appreciate it.

Matt