Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dave at M Squad (decals) (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6750)

dan6414 03-20-2018 11:06 AM

Dave at M Squad (decals)

Hello everyone!

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this or if it’s even allowed. Please advise/move/delete if necessary.

Back in Oct of 2017 I finally got a call from Dave with Msquad about some decals I need (98+ CHP full set decals). This is about 6 month to a year after emailing him through his website. He explained that he was busy but now getting everyone’s orders.

We talked it over my needs, shook hands over the phone and made the deal. He advised that it would be about a week to get the decals done and shipped to me. I transferred the funds ($450), advised him that they were sent and he confirmed.

Well, that was the last time I heard from him. I’ve tried texting, calling and email him about my purchase with ZERO response!! Needless to say I’m pretty upset about this. I’ve spoke with several other people who are in the same situation as me.

I’ve tried calling PayPal to reverse funds, but because it was sent via friends and family they said to have my bank do it. Contacted the bank and because it’s been more than 60 days there’s nothing they can do.

I hope everyone stays away from this business so they’re not screwed over like some of us have been. This isn’t how you do business with people and lie to them.

Spread the word.

I tried looking at his website today and it seems like it’s gone.

Happy Tuesday,

Dan

Msqaudvpd Msquad M Squad

28HopUp 03-20-2018 07:21 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Sadly, it seems as though you are not alone.

Steve 03-24-2018 02:59 PM

Thanks for putting this info out.

dan6414 03-26-2018 11:09 PM

Not much of an update but...

Wednesday night the 21st (day after I posted this in a few spots) I got a text from Dave stating he’d call me the following night. Yeah, still no call from Dave.

I sent him this reply: “Oh? I honestly just need my money back. I no longer want to do business with you.”

Never heard from him.

NoDrama43 03-27-2018 12:28 PM

I got a message from another member this morning saying his decal order had actually shipped out. Maybe the heat is starting to produce results.

Notch50 04-03-2018 10:57 PM

April 15th will be 3 years since I placed an order for decals, I paid $360.00. The last email i received from him was august 2015, he claimed he had just got out of the hospital.

It's a felony in Virginia to take payment and not perform services or delivery of goods, when money is taken over the internet and services are not performed or delivery of goods, I believe it is a federal crime.

NoDrama43 04-03-2018 11:11 PM

Sue his ass..... or go knock on the door.

dan6414 04-08-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notch50 (Post 56514)
April 15th will be 3 years since I placed an order for decals, I paid $360.00. The last email i received from him was august 2015, he claimed he had just got out of the hospital.

It's a felony in Virginia to take payment and not perform services or delivery of goods, when money is taken over the internet and services are not performed or delivery of goods, I believe it is a federal crime.

What's your name sir? Would you like me to forward your info to him? I FINALLY got a phone call from him this evening stating that my decals will be shipped in about two weeks. I'm not holding my breath or getting excited about the whole thing.

He used the same excuse of getting out of the hospital, losing his insurance blah blah blah.

Bullitt1609 04-12-2018 10:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My brother and I made a trip up to Wisconsin the end of March to pickup George T.'s '83 ISP that we purchased from his son John. On the way, we stopped and met up with Dave. He was very apologetic and greatly appreciated everyone's continued patience. He has had a lot going on and truly wants to get everyone caught back up. I picked up my LSP decals while we were there. I know of another member that received his LSP decals as well. Dave had moved a lot of stuff out of a storage unit and a lot of his decal related stuff, including my NYSP decals, got mixed in with the shuffle. He expressed that he is working as much as he can to get everyone's orders caught up as soon as possible. I honestly feel he is not trying to shaft anyone.

MOstang 04-15-2018 12:01 AM

I'm surprised Dave hasn't liquidated his "business", frankly. Seems more than one potential buyer would exist for him, which would get him out from all the pre-payment and lack of fulfilled orders that have degraded the company name (which in essence has eroded the company value). Such bad publicity on Msquad, it would take much to try and build customer perception back...and in reality, probably just a whole sale name change and starting over (from scratch).