Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs/Parts Wanted (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Looking for a mirror light (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1042)

PoliceSSP 04-03-2008 08:34 PM

Looking for a mirror light

I am in need of a red/blue mirror light with the bracket and mirror. The four screw holes in the liner between the visor matches the bracket on the Federal Signal mirror light SML2F-FD. I was told that some of their SSPs had mirror lights instead of the front bumper lights. If any one has one for sale or knows of one, please let me know. Thanks

FHP813 04-03-2008 09:04 PM

For the Utah car?

PoliceSSP 04-03-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FHP813 (Post 7796)
For the Utah car?

Bernie,
I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I had bought that WI SSP to restore it and I'm getting the equipment together for after it is painted. I'm discovering things that show some of the equipment it had plus my contact with the Patrol lets me know what was there. The Utah is completed.

86NeSSP 04-04-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoliceSSP (Post 7802)
Bernie,
I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I had bought that WI SSP to restore it and I'm getting the equipment together for after it is painted. I'm discovering things that show some of the equipment it had plus my contact with the Patrol lets me know what was there. The Utah is completed.

It's going to look like THIS?

http://specialservicemustang.net/Gal...ages/WI/WI.jpg

PoliceSSP 04-04-2008 09:44 AM

Yes, that is what I am going to restore it to Matt. As of now, I am researching, talking to the Patrol here and got most of the info on equipment. I couldn't find holds in the front bumper for the front lights that you see in most of the pictures out there. When I saw the screw holes by the mirror, my source said some of the SSPs had mirror lights mounted there. As soon as I get going on it, I'll post pictures. I appreciate any help with this.

86NeSSP 04-04-2008 12:03 PM

That will be AWESOME!

NoDrama43 04-04-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoliceSSP (Post 7809)
Yes, that is what I am going to restore it to Matt. As of now, I am researching, talking to the Patrol here and got most of the info on equipment. I couldn't find holds in the front bumper for the front lights that you see in most of the pictures out there. When I saw the screw holes by the mirror, my source said some of the SSPs had mirror lights mounted there. As soon as I get going on it, I'll post pictures. I appreciate any help with this.

George,

very nice. Yours is the only wisconsin car that exists that we know of. great find for sure. :thumbsup:

FHP813 04-04-2008 03:01 PM

That's going to be a sweet car! The Utah car looks great too. Any other pics?

PoliceSSP 04-04-2008 05:34 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. The two buck tags are in place but the drivers door had been replaced. The was concern if it was a WI SSP. I had contacted WI State Patrol and talked to a guy that worked on them. The color, antenna placement, different screw holes for lights etc were explained by this guy that was were they mounted there equipment. The DSO indicated it was from Chicago but David P explained that was possble where it was shipped to. With the Carfax showing it was in the Madison, WI area for a long time, my title showing it was a Police vehicle and was registered previously in WI plus the color and the equipment pattern, I am 100% sure it is a WI SSP. So the restoring has begun.

PoliceSSP 04-04-2008 06:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FHP813 (Post 7817)
That's going to be a sweet car! The Utah car looks great too. Any other pics?

Here are some pictures of the Utah Bernie.