Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1982 CHP #0327 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3965)

chp1982 12-22-2011 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The first time in 10+ years that 0327 is sitting inside when it's raining, and that was just about every day in Seattle. Stinky interior to prove it!

Rhino 12-23-2011 12:29 AM

Jonathan - glad to see you snagged this one! Yes, it rains...a lot, here in Seattle. And we're constantly fighting moisture inside cars. Glad to see it inside. :)

Looks like a great starting point for a restoration.

Wolfe1013 12-23-2011 04:36 PM

Awesome, Jon!! Great news.

Wow, those belts and the carpet really did turn out great. I need to go ahead and get mine cleaned. Who do you take them to? I don't have a pressure washer, yet.

My car was the same way - missing passenger CHP lap belt. Buckle was there. Driver side complete. So if you find a stash of CHP passenger lap belts, let me know!!

Can you take a detail photo of your headliner? Perforated vinyl like the sun visors?

Wolfe1013 12-23-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac88chp (Post 31755)
Hope you're the first on the block to actually complete an '82 CHP restoration...there seems to be a virtual fleet of them out there in some stage of progress/waiting.

You said it, Michael. Money is tight right now and my resto is stalled!! :(

chp1982 01-01-2012 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Greg-
The detail department of one of the dealerships I work with sprayed something on them to lift the stains and something to fight the mildew smell then pressure washed them. I stressed to the guy that did the work how gentle to be with the rug. It's pretty thin in a couple areas. Everything came out great.

The headliner material looks the same as the visors.

Mustang Kid 05-12-2012 12:29 AM

Any new updates? These other CHP threads get me motivated to finish mine even more!:D

chp1982 05-12-2012 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the interest Sam. 0327 has been enjoyed thoroughly over the past 5 months. I've put about 50 miles on her around town and running some local errands. When the car arrived, the headlights and a only few other parking and turn signals worked. I replaced most of he bulbs and every light on the car now works incuding the maplight! The interior was reinstalled and turned out pretty great, considering its age. I sold the blue front seats that the car came with and installed a set of Sand Beige fronts that I had. I installed a battery cut-off switch as well. So far I have spent a whopping $25 bucks! That includes the repo CA plate. The list is long for what the car needs mechanically and cosmetically but my budget reminds me often that this is going to be a slow and steady process.

chp1982 05-12-2012 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot with the "new" front seats. What's the harm in one more shade of tan! Better than blue it came with. The rear seat is original and in nice shape.

chp1982 05-12-2012 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of seats, since buying 0327 I have been on the hunt for the correct front seats and any French Vanilla trim I could find. Well, the search finally paid off and I found a seat out of an '82 Capri with 100K along with all of the coupe specific trim. The passenger seat is in very nice condition, the driver, not so much. The good news is the rears are in very good shape and I will have more than enough upholstery to have the driver side repaired. They are currently at a buddy's in DC and will slowly be making their way to Atlanta over the next couple weeks. I couldn't be more excited to complete the interior with the correct seats.

Mustang Kid 05-13-2012 12:11 AM

Looks a lot better:) Where did you find nice 85-6 front seats?
I just steam cleaned my carpet and seats for my 85. It all cleaned up nice like your interior did, but my seats are really faded along with the trans tunnel on the top.

Since your car has the original repaint, a good hosing with a pressure washer would probably strip most of the white off. Tape to the door jam will remove some of the repaint and will uncover the unit #. Worked on my car.

I wish I could get my dads 82 out and cleaned up...