Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thoughts about the interior. (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=855)

litsnsirn 01-03-2008 09:54 PM

Thoughts about the interior.

I am going to think about getting the correct interior fabrics for my car(82), so I have them around when I need them, especially since tan interior stuff seems to be so hard to come by, especially for the early cars. Can anyone tell me how much of the cloth and vinyl fabric I will need to buy to have the seat covers fabricated, and how much vinyl is needed for the door panels?

Thanks,
Jason

ImEvil1 01-04-2008 01:18 AM

I think 3 yards or so of each would be plenty....if you are going with the SMS stuff, they should be able to give you an idea when you order. As for the door panels...not sure. I've heard that SMS does repros of them, if you send them an original.

litsnsirn 01-04-2008 01:35 AM

That's who I was thinking of. I have several door panels, but none in the right color. I don't mind trying the dyes and paints on the smaller parts, but the door panels, I feel, should be in the correct material...

Is there still no carpet that is correct tan for an 82?

litsnsirn 01-04-2008 08:26 PM

Can anyone tell me if the 82 interior is a GL or L trim level? I worked up the nerve to call SMS and they have told me that the French Vanilla cloth is different between the two trim levels. From her description, I am going to guess that it is the GL trim, because she said that the L cloth is mostly white and tan, and the GL is white, black and tan.

ImEvil1 01-04-2008 10:43 PM

GL....cloth and vinyl for the seats.

ImEvil1 01-04-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litsnsirn (Post 6304)
That's who I was thinking of. I have several door panels, but none in the right color. I don't mind trying the dyes and paints on the smaller parts, but the door panels, I feel, should be in the correct material...

Is there still no carpet that is correct tan for an 82?

I'm sure you could have a set reproduced. The carpet....I think depends on maufacturer. I have a non-faded setup in my car, if you need a look for the sake of color comparison.

litsnsirn 01-13-2008 02:31 PM

Well the material sample that SMS sent for the interior is wrong, it has a kind of fake suede feel to it. Does anyone have a good closeup shot of the fabric inserts for the 82? I looked at Kevin's hatchback at Ripon and took a ton of pictures, but I didn't shoot anything tight on the seat.

ImEvil1 01-13-2008 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go:

litsnsirn 01-14-2008 09:44 AM

Thanks Mike, what colors are in the weave? Is it tan, white, and black?

ImEvil1 01-14-2008 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like all three. Here's a better pic from the '82 Color/Trim book: