Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Oh, YES I'm outta here! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1060)

86NeSSP 04-11-2008 11:12 AM

Oh, YES I'm outta here!

I'm coming HOME! YES, I was hoping today was going to be the day for a NEW JOB! I had to take a 35% pay cut from what I'm making now but OH WELL, I get to be home with my Wife, Daughter and the four legged children!

Ya hooooooo!

I'm so excited I can't contain myself. I just have to not DROP THE TICKER on the current place for a week and a day.

I know I will be in such a good mood knowing that I will be home next weekend and then 2 weeks after that I will be home for GOOD!

predator20 04-11-2008 11:15 AM

That's great Matt. Sucks about the pay cut.

86NeSSP 04-11-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 7938)
That's great Matt. Sucks about the pay cut.

I am just glad to be coming home and the money is FINE for the family. I already cleared that with the BANKER/BOSS. Besides this will help us meet some goals for this year. I can't help to much around the house when I'm not there. The BOSS has really been wanting a back patio and this will go a long way to making that happen.

mac88chp 04-11-2008 02:26 PM

Over a year ago I took a lesser paying job to rid myself of what had become a ridiculous commute and I haven't regretted it yet! Money isn't everything...enjoy your family and home life instead and have a life. :2thumbs:

86NeSSP 04-11-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac88chp (Post 7942)
Over a year ago I took a lesser paying job to rid myself of what had become a ridiculous commute and I haven't regretted it yet! Money isn't everything...enjoy your family and home life instead and have a life. :2thumbs:

Said to well my friend! That is what I am headed home to do... Enjoy life and Family! The money stuff will all sort itself out in time.

SparkSVT 04-11-2008 06:29 PM

what line of working are we talking about?

bluestang311 04-11-2008 06:56 PM

Good news Matt. Maybe in my travels we'll still get together....in Texas!!

ImEvil1 04-11-2008 06:56 PM

Congrats, Matt. :thumbsup:

86NeSSP 04-11-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparkSVT (Post 7949)
what line of working are we talking about?

Selling crack!

I mean IT application customization for standardizing installations across a global WAN (wide area network).
Just IT work, not your regluar hey call him my mouse stopped working kind of thing. I just take your standard off the shelf applications and make them a single button install that is already configured the way everyone is expecting it to be so they can be deployed without any one sitting at the machine to have it install.

That's it basically. now I am going to be analyzing migration issues when moving from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista in a large 140000+ global workstation Co.. Less real work and less REAL MONEY but it gets me home and it's a good rate for doing that job.

86NeSSP 04-11-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestang311 (Post 7951)
Good news Matt. Maybe in my travels we'll still get together....in Texas!!

I'm sure we will still get together some time down the road even if it is at a show where we all travel to.