Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Chat Thread (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5588)

NoDrama43 05-30-2014 03:00 PM

love it.

but it needs a Coyote motor....... :2thumbs:

ImEvil1 05-30-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 (Post 46413)
I've been wanting to do something like that, to showcase the SSPs we have, along with the other Mustangs we've acquired over the years and share their stories.

I hope I don't get banned for posting a Mustang II, but this '77 Ghia was purchased new by a couple; we purchased it from them last year. The gentleman's wife drove it up until about 1 1/2 years ago when she said she finally wanted something with power steering. It is all original and was always garaged. Has just under 47k miles.

Nice, my Favorite color!

If you put something together, we'll definitely get it up there for all to enjoy.

kapracing 05-30-2014 03:27 PM

I love it as well !!!

I know everyone would love to see your collection :yes:
I've seen quite a few of them and believe me it's a site to see...

kapracing 06-01-2014 03:02 PM

Jonathon,
Brad sent me a pic of the NYPD GT
HUGE HUGE CONGRATS !!!! Man that thing is sweet !!!
I'm jealous !!!

28HopUp 06-02-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 (Post 46413)
I hope I don't get banned for posting a Mustang II, but this '77 Ghia was purchased new by a couple; we purchased it from them last year.

That is a beautiful Mustang! I cut my stick-shifting teeth on a Mustang II T-top hatch with a 6 cyl/4spd owned by my sister's in-laws. I had first dibs on it if the car ever went up for sale, but they sold it to someone else. :(

Bullitt1609 06-02-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 46437)
Jonathon,
Brad sent me a pic of the NYPD GT
HUGE HUGE CONGRATS !!!! Man that thing is sweet !!!
I'm jealous !!!

Thanks Bobby! It is essentially just how it was when taken out of service. According to the door label, the car was originally black (1C). You can see where it was taped off in places when NYPD had it painted blue and white. They did go ahead and paint inside the door jams, but they simply taped it off on the door panels. You can still see where the tape line wasn't very straight. :headscratch:

kapracing 06-02-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 (Post 46451)
Thanks Bobby! It is essentially just how it was when taken out of service. According to the door label, the car was originally black (1C). You can see where it was taped off in places when NYPD had it painted blue and white. They did go ahead and paint inside the door jams, but they simply taped it off on the door panels. You can still see where the tape line wasn't very straight. :headscratch:

If jams look ok I'd leave them just as they are :D

MOstang 06-02-2014 06:58 PM

Was it sold off by the NYPD with equipment too?

Bullitt1609 06-03-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 46454)
Was it sold off by the NYPD with equipment too?

That I am unsure of. He did throw in a PA300, Federal switchbox, and a handheld K-15 radar. I don't know if any of these items were originally used by NYPD in the car though.

FBI SSP 06-03-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 (Post 46368)
Yep. That's it Bobby. Underneath is not near as bad as I was expecting, given it's always been in NY. Should be picked up today and delivered Saturday.

As someone that grew up in NYC, that car is legendary in NY. That car was frequently parked on an entrance ramp to the Clearview Expressway in Bayside, NY. The Clearview is a straight and flat highway that begged to go fast on. I remember it literally laying in the weeds waiting to nab speeders. Everyone knew to go the speed limit on that stretch.