Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Got my First SSP... (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=709)

91NCSSP 11-01-2007 11:00 PM

Got my First SSP...

Found it on Craigslist, 2 cars both coupes 1 SSP, 1 4 banger. Its NC SSP per the buck tags on the radiator support. Its is FUBARed, and needs a front clip. I just wanna know some specs on this car. I know its kinda different its car, color code MK (blue) with blue interior. I'm not a concourse SSP restoguy so it has chrome ponies on it, full sized spare (SSP), love the 160 speedo, switched to all black interior, auto left for a 5 speed. Why was this car an automatic?? and blue exterior?? Under cover maybe or not even used?? It had holes in the dash but no where else, I think it was a 5" monster tach tho. Thanks for any info. Sorry no VIN but its kinda cold out tonight.

ImEvil1 11-01-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91NCSSP (Post 5121)
Found it on Craigslist, 2 cars both coupes 1 SSP, 1 4 banger. Its NC SSP per the buck tags on the radiator support. Its is FUBARed, and needs a front clip. I just wanna know some specs on this car. I know its kinda different its car, color code MK (blue) with blue interior. I'm not a concourse SSP restoguy so it has chrome ponies on it, full sized spare (SSP), love the 160 speedo, switched to all black interior, auto left for a 5 speed. Why was this car an automatic?? and blue exterior?? Under cover maybe or not even used?? It had holes in the dash but no where else, I think it was a 5" monster tach tho. Thanks for any info. Sorry no VIN but its kinda cold out tonight.

Congrats on the purchase....MK is Twilight Blue (I think). Maybe this was an unmarked car? Many agencies ordered automatics, so that won't help you.

Post up some pics when you can, and welcome to the site.

FHP0665 11-02-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91NCSSP (Post 5121)
Sorry no VIN but its kinda cold out tonight.

That's something you'll never hear on the southern end of FL!

The holes in the dash may have been there from the agency equipment they used as mine was full of them when I got it. I Found a decent replacement at the junk yard.

Winterpark SSP 11-02-2007 11:11 AM

Good Luck! Sounds like a fun project!

NoDrama43 11-02-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FHP0665 (Post 5127)
That's something you'll never hear on the southern end of FL!

right...usually what you hear from florida is "hey anyone got the nails we need to hammer up the 3/4 inch plywood over our windows this week....again...."

or

"oh crap..where is the evacuation map"
:)

91NCSSP 11-02-2007 09:12 PM

The dash has 4-5 screw holes and probaly a 1/2" wire hole, msd distributor, nascar tech student parking sticker so I know it was hot rodded, just wondering if someone know how many undercover cars NC had or how many blue car NC used??

jarhed123 11-04-2007 09:31 AM

I don't know the total number but I can account for one that pulled me over on 74/76 leaving Wilmington NC on a 96.