Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello From Cincy (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1889)

CNTLOSE 06-01-2009 04:07 PM

Hello From Cincy

I just purchased a 1989 Washington State Police SSP Mustang. I am planning on doing a restoration on her, bring it as close as I can back to factory stock when in-service. I also have 1994 GT convertible that I have heavily modified. If I count right I believe this is my 17th Mustang, but my first SSP. I did have a 2000 B4C Camaro, but it was not for me...I am diehard Mustang.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/q...P/100_4564.jpg

ImEvil1 06-01-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNTLOSE (Post 13993)
I just purchased a 1989 Washington State Police SSP Mustang. I am planning on doing a restoration on her, bring it as close as I can back to factory stock when in-service. I also have 1994 GT convertible that I have heavily modified. If I count right I believe this is my 17th Mustang, but my first SSP. I did have a 2000 B4C Camaro, but it was not for me...I am diehard Mustang.

Welcome. Looks like a pretty nice starting point, and I think you'll fit right in here.

CNTLOSE 06-01-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 13994)
Welcome. Looks like a pretty nice starting point, and I think you'll fit right in here.

88stang 06-01-2009 08:44 PM

Welcome!

Gearhead 06-02-2009 05:57 PM

Welcome !! It seems there are quite a few SSPs in our Cincy area !!

MOstang 06-03-2009 08:36 AM

That looks nice...welcome to the Forum.

NoDrama43 06-03-2009 11:25 AM

welcome....

I have an NOS WSP roll bar you can make a copy off of if your car was so equipped. I also got your pm and responded.

CNTLOSE 06-03-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 14116)
welcome....

I have an NOS WSP roll bar you can make a copy off of if your car was so equipped. I also got your pm and responded.

Thanks. I do not think my car had a rollbar unless someone changed out the carpet and interior plastic...but I wish it did. Tracing this cars history is going to be tuff. No unit number, but I do have the vehicle purchase number for the year. One person I was talking with stated it may have been an admin car because the car has what appears to be a cell phone antena mounted on the rear glass...which I guess only admin cars did??? The car purchase number is 16-9-200. Which I have been told means Ford-89-200th car purchased that year. If anyone knows how I can trace the history with that info I would be greatful. I had heard WSP only holds the records for 10 years and this car has been out of service since 1996.

NoDrama43 06-03-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNTLOSE (Post 14125)
Thanks. I do not think my car had a rollbar unless someone changed out the carpet and interior plastic...but I wish it did. Tracing this cars history is going to be tuff. No unit number, but I do have the vehicle purchase number for the year. One person I was talking with stated it may have been an admin car because the car has what appears to be a cell phone antena mounted on the rear glass...which I guess only admin cars did??? The car purchase number is 16-9-200. Which I have been told means Ford-89-200th car purchased that year. If anyone knows how I can trace the history with that info I would be greatful. I had heard WSP only holds the records for 10 years and this car has been out of service since 1996.

Matt,

don't give up on the records chase. Last month I was able to FINALLY get the official name of the FHP LT. who drove my 93 unmarked car. He is now a Captain working the turnpike area of the state. I spent a week talking to a Sgt. who put me in touch with a captain, who put me in touch with another captain, who put me in touch with a civilian clerk that has worked the Keys for over 30 years. She dug around in her records and found some records on the car including the assignment paperwork. Life is good..........more to come as this car nears completion....... : )

chp1982 06-03-2009 11:04 PM

Congrats on the car. Seems super nice and incredibly original.