Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustangs For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1984 FHP, Tom Tate's old car (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397)

predator20 06-01-2007 08:22 PM

1984 FHP, Tom Tate's old car

I don't want to talk about this one.
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=46483

ImEvil1 06-01-2007 09:21 PM

Glad to see it wasn't modded. Asking price isn't too out of line, but everyone here knows what he said he originally paid.

FlyinTiger 06-01-2007 09:47 PM

Alright, those who were ready to ante up before, here's your chance to save this one again. If, in fact, it is a $5K car all day long, then the price is not that far off, even though he will be doubling his money. :(

ImEvil1 06-01-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinTiger (Post 2810)
Alright, those who were ready to ante up before, here's your chance to save this one again. If, in fact, it is a $5K car all day long, then the price is not that far off, even though he will be doubling his money. :(

Not quite doubling his money ($3500 paid), but still quite a profit for two months of ownership. (and it's the principle of the thing)

I just spoke with Nodrama, who is in Michigan and and on his way back with another SSP. I doubt he'll be in a position to buy this one now (he would have last month, though).

NoDrama43 06-02-2007 09:16 AM

its a great car guys. he didn't hack it which is great .....now someone (other than me) needs to save the car and restore it. I would have last month but I fell off a table into a big fat tub of ice cream ;) a couple of days ago and have something else in progress now....

davidmidgley 06-02-2007 01:46 PM

I don't see $5K. I see maybe $3500 on a good day. If he did a good paint job, yes. Old paint on the outside, that needs to be taken off then repaint. But it looks like crap, filthy even under the hood. Nothing new under there either, is there? The interior and the fact that the parts are all there, gets it to maybe $3750. Several other 1984 SSPs out there, aren't there?

FlyinTiger 06-02-2007 08:27 PM

There are not many '84 anythings ( FHP, CHP, DPS, etc. ). Yes, there are some out there, but have fun finding one and one that is for sale. The $5K estimate came from a combined value of the car plus the buttload of NOS parts that were coming with it. It depends on how many of the NOS parts are still going with the car.

ImEvil1 06-02-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinTiger (Post 2824)
There are not many '84 anythings ( FHP, CHP, DPS, etc. ). Yes, there are some out there, but have fun finding one and one that is for sale. The $5K estimate came from a combined value of the car plus the buttload of NOS parts that were coming with it. It depends on how many of the NOS parts are still going with the car.

There are certainly more '84s floating around than '82s or '83s, but anything pre-1987 is rare these days.

Bottom line on this one is the guy paid $3500 for it, and we tried to bring him on board here to see it restored (unsuccessfully). At least he didn't mod it out, as he originally planned, and that's a good thing. Maybe another SSP enthusiast will buy it.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and I don't see anyone here standing in line to give the guy $5400 for it (or anything close to that). I don't think any of the members on FEP will be, either. One guy over there recently bought an 106K mile original '82 coupe for $300. I guess we'll see where it ends up.

guerro 06-02-2007 09:04 PM

What happened to Tom Tate ?

ImEvil1 06-02-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guerro (Post 2830)
What happened to Tom Tate ?

Mike R. booted him from .org awhile back due to a PM he received that he didn't like.

He never attempted to register here.