Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Briefing Room (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Information only.... (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1882)

jarhed123 05-27-2009 06:05 PM

Information only....

Over on .org I started a Thread called "Good old days are not gone yet...." There I posted the following:

A quote from the Thread: "Remembering the good old days..."

You serious? Mark Woodhouse (copcarsonline dealer/owner) told me FHP Camaros are all gone about 6 months ago when i purchased 2003 FDOT P71 from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhed123
For sure FHP still has one camaro in service in the Miami area. I saw it at a traffic accident scene the other day.

Today 5/27/09 I met up with Sgt. R. LLorente of Troop E and I took plenty of pictures of the car, inside and out. In the next few days I will meet with another Sgt. who also has a Camaro still in service. According to Sgt. LLorente, he will keep this car for another 1 - 1.5 years.

If anyone needs the detailed pictures, please contact me. Guys, remember that Mark Woodhouse is a dealer and will tell you what ever it takes to make a sale on the spot. You can tell him not to make comments he can't back up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a Camaro person and I highly respect that this sight is strictly oriented on SSP Mustangs so I will not post pictures here. If you need pictures contact me and I will email them to you or you can visit .org

FHP813 05-27-2009 06:55 PM

What are you talking about Dealers don't lie...:No no: Just like the guy who came to the site selling the "Last FHP Mustang ever made" sometimes people think if they say something enough times people take it as the truth. I remember seeing that Camaro recently myself. Good job Marcos,that's what this site is all about.

ImEvil1 05-27-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FHP813 (Post 13910)
What are you talking about Dealers don't lie...:No no: .

Dealers (or flippers) lie?? Come on...they're just trying to make an honest living. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Just like the guy who came to the site selling the "Last FHP Mustang ever made" sometimes people think if they say something enough times people take it as the truth.

Kinda like rubber bands in lightbars and chips in Mustang computers?

Quote:

Good job Marcos,that's what this site is all about.

Amen.

YellowMurci 05-28-2009 12:00 AM

Great information! Keep em coming!

YellowMurci 05-29-2009 10:24 AM

Anyone know what radio they are using in that car? i cant make it out from the pictures?

ImEvil1 05-29-2009 03:16 PM

Anyone know the dealer who sold this car?

http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!!e4BHLg!mE~...(E3IEQ~~_4.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...1%7C240%3A1318

28HopUp 05-29-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 13947)
Anyone know the dealer who sold this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...1%7C240%3A1318

No, but the buyer is posting over on the other SSP forum now under the username CNTLOSE. It seems like that SSP went to somebody with good intentions for the car.

ImEvil1 05-29-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 13948)
No, but the buyer is posting over on the other SSP forum now under the username CNTLOSE. It seems like that SSP went to somebody with good intentions for the car.

I had heard that. Hopefully he'll eventually make his way over here, too.

FHP813 05-29-2009 03:39 PM

ooooh, ooooh I know, I know...

jarhed123 05-30-2009 09:16 AM

Sure is a nice 4 eye with correct wheels and caps in the picture.

ImEvil1 05-30-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhed123 (Post 13960)
Sure is a nice 4 eye with correct wheels and caps in the picture.

You referring to Bill's car? :)

Maybe it's just me (or maybe not). I don't take issue with someone selling a car, but I do find it extremely odd that a member of both sites would fail to list the car on either one and go directly to eBay with it.

jarhed123 05-30-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 13964)
You referring to Bill's car? :)

I don't follow you on this one? Bill's car? I was talking about the 4 eye car one can see on the ebay pictures that are posted. An interrior picture with the 4 eye in the background.

ImEvil1 05-30-2009 09:21 PM

I know....just kidding. Bill's car is nice too. :yes:

NoDrama43 05-31-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 13964)
I do find it extremely odd that a member of both sites would fail to list the car on either one and go directly to eBay with it.

answer: It's about the money, not the hobby.....

who is the dealer is disguise?????

28HopUp 05-31-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 13971)

Not necessarily. The seller may have wanted to avoid generating any turmoil had he posted it on the SSP forums. Maybe he purchased it from a forum member and didn't want to be perceived as a flipper. Alas, we may never know his reason(s).

But I would like to learn more about that sweet 4-eyed SSP (judging by the wheels) shown in the background.

http://www.mustangcollective.com/ima...305a96783f.jpg

ImEvil1 05-31-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 13973)
Not necessarily. The seller may have wanted to avoid generating any turmoil had he posted it on the SSP forums. Maybe he purchased it from a forum member and didn't want to be perceived as a flipper. Alas, we may never know his reason(s).

Not sure there is ever any turmoil on the boards related to someone selling a car....unless they are making up reasons for doing so, or flipping multiple cars for profit, etc etc etc.

Quote:

But I would like to learn more about that sweet 4-eyed SSP (judging by the wheels) shown in the background.

I'm sure you just might see it for sale soon. If what I've been told is correct, it sold last month for around $1800.

Andy 05-31-2009 07:03 PM

In God we Trust!
All other's run through NCIC
Car Salesman NCIC and Interpol
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zdpstl.jpg

Gearhead 05-31-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 13947)

I believe it was sold by "Vintageracer"

ImEvil1 05-31-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 13971)

The dealer is our very own VintageRacer. He was on earlier today, but I guess chose not to comment in this thread.

ImEvil1 05-31-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearhead (Post 13977)
I believe it was sold by "Vintageracer"

Thanks Scott. Looks like we posted at the exact same time.

MOstang 05-31-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you just might see it for sale soon. If what I've been told is correct, it sold last month for around $1800.
===================================

Did you mean $18000 vs. $1800? Thanks.

ImEvil1 05-31-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatte5 (Post 13987)
Quote:
===================================

Did you mean $18000 vs. $1800? Thanks.

I believe it was $1800 (1986 FHP car).

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7996

MOstang 06-01-2009 08:29 PM

Ok, thanks...I must be thinking of a diff't car.

ImEvil1 06-01-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatte5 (Post 14007)
Ok, thanks...I must be thinking of a diff't car.

No prob....just doing my part in the "Information only" thread.

That way, when the car shows up next month for sale for 3X what it was purchased for, a potential buyer might have access to that info ahead of time.

Andy 06-01-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 14010)
No prob....just doing my part in the "Information only thread.

http://i39.tinypic.com/rk0dx5.jpg

NoDrama43 06-01-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Bill, my sarcasm is not directed towards you here but obviously the seller chose not to offer the car to other members here, and that is his choice to make. Its a shame that some choose not to give members first shot but unfortunatly that is the way $ome people think. Just put it in the back of your mind and beware the GGG goblins. The worst part of it is the $neakine$$ of the whole thing....$ecret$ galore.

I sold 6 ssp cars last year that I had owned for awhile. A couple were restored and a couple needed alot of work. I sold them to fund my GT500. Incredibly, (with small minds being what they are) I was called a flipper. Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.

Here at net we very seldom ever have any turmoil between our own members. Most of the turmoil caused is when a non contributing member reads something then whines about it elsewhere. We weed them out as we go which makes this a pretty nice place to hang out.

anyway......I spent way to much time on this subject so I am done with this one.

ImEvil1 06-01-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 14016)
Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.

Well said.

True enthusiasts usually have a reason for selling (not that it's anyones business anyway) and don't make up lame excuses everytime they flip a car (whether it's for profit or not).

How many times (even recently) have we heard about the same car(s) being sold back and forth between a few people over and over and over again?

If a dealer shows up here wanting to sell a car, I take no issue with that whatsoever. Same goes for a private seller, like our friend from AL. My issue, like yours Jim, is when dealers try to pass themselves off as enthusiasts, or people who are only interested in making $$$ from the actual enthusiasts in the hobby show up trying to take advantage of others. It's all about integrity, or the lack thereof, and I can assure you and everyone here that this website and the forums here won't be used for that.

Andy 06-01-2009 10:59 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/jhc4qx.jpg

28HopUp 06-02-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 14015)
Andy is just here to add the comedy stuff

Very true! :D

CNTLOSE 06-02-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 13948)

Just found this thread. I am the one who purchased the '89 White SSP. I am planning on doing a restoration on the car...and keeping it. This makes two Mustangs I currently own. The other is for modification and this one is for restoration only....the other is a '94 GT not an SSP.

This car is actually very solid and runs like a dream. I have a Carfax and I am the fourth titled owner since WSP sold it in 1996. The last titled owner had it for 10 years in Washington State. I am going to enjoy it for the next couple months and start tearing into her come fall. All it needs is new suspension, a few cosmetic things to the interior, engine bay cleaned out, fix two small dents and a re-paint. The biggest part is NO Rust. My body guy was very impressed with this car. I plan on pulling the motor and repainting the engine bay. Clean and paint the engine and have misc brackets and other items powdercoated to the original factory colors. Once I get started I will make a thread on the restoration process...which will take awhile because I want to do it as correct as possible.
The car will be at Indy this weekend on Fri and Sat if anyone is going. Feel free to stop and shoot the BS.

jarhed123 06-02-2009 04:41 PM

Welcome to the forum. I hear that is a very solid and nice car!!

NoDrama43 06-02-2009 09:15 PM

welcome !!

CNTLOSE 06-02-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhed123 (Post 14044)
Welcome to the forum. I hear that is a very solid and nice car!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 14080)
welcome !!

Thanks