Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Restoration-related Equipment Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   1983 GSP Mustang Bumper lights (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5123)

kapracing 07-30-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41777)
Woohoo!! Mystery solved!! That's awesome!! Now to find some with black housings and blue bulbs haha!! :D

Yea Mike really came through with the lead to elightbars. Those guys are emergency light geniuses!!!

If I can get these cheap enough ( the pair in pic) then I'll have them powder coated black and find the correct bulbs...either way I know what I'm searching for now. Still not even for sure mine had them or not but I want a set to keep with the car either way...

kapracing 07-31-2013 07:08 PM

I just got off the phone with one of my contacts (retired FLEET MANAGER for GSP). During our previous conversation he could not remember what light housing was used on the 83's, just that they used Whelen lights on everything. Well as soon as I mentioned the name "YANKEE" he blurted out YEEAA that's what they were! He said he could remember for the life of him, but as soon as I said that word it all came back to him ( remember he's almost 80). So the guys at elightbars done really good!!! Hopefully we can meet up soon to go through his paperwork and get some more info. :-)

nighthawk756 07-31-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 41792)
I just got off the phone with one of my contacts (retired FLEET MANAGER for GSP). During our previous conversation he could not remember what light housing was used on the 83's, just that they used Whelen lights on everything. Well as soon as I mentioned the name "YANKEE" he blurted out YEEAA that's what they were! He said he could remember for the life of him, but as soon as I said that word it all came back to him ( remember he's almost 80). So the guys at elightbars done really good!!! Hopefully we can meet up soon to go through his paperwork and get some more info. :-)

Jackpot!! Woohoo!! Congrats!

Now time to find some! :D

MOstang 07-31-2013 07:19 PM

Great job figuring those out.

kapracing 07-31-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41793)
Jackpot!! Woohoo!! Congrats!

Now time to find some! :D

I've gotta deal in the works for the chrome pair. Gonna try to restore them and have them powder coated satin black. So I'll at least have them until I can find a original mint black pair :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 41794)
Great job figuring those out.

Thanks, it was really Mike (Imevil) that sent me to elightbars and those guys there made the suggestions. I just said maybe, or no until the YANKEE's came up and then BINGO! :-) the rest is history... :-)

nighthawk756 07-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 41796)
I've gotta deal in the works for the chrome pair. Gonna try to restore them and have them powder coated satin black. So I'll at least have them until I can find a original mint black pair :-)

Sounds like a good plan!

Quote:

Thanks, it was really Mike (Imevil) that sent me to elightbars and those guys there made the suggestions. I just said maybe, or no until the YANKEE's came up and then BINGO! :-) the rest is history... :-)
Yeah, elightbars is a great resource. Quite a bit of the equipment for my FHP came from those guys.

MOstang 08-01-2013 07:38 AM

I think you're smart jumping on that pair...no big loss if other (better) ones show up later.

kapracing 08-01-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41797)
Sounds like a good plan!

Yeah, elightbars is a great resource. Quite a bit of the equipment for my FHP came from those guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOstang (Post 41800)
I think you're smart jumping on that pair...no big loss if other (better) ones show up later.

Yea i figured it's better to have ones I can restore than ending up with nothing:-)