Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Special Service Mustang Parts For Sale (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NOS Pinto Hubcaps on eBay (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380)

ImEvil1 05-22-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 2695)
I read the auction. It seems maybe all my bitching about GGG and being called the "parts police" has had quite an impact. I think the hubcaps are pretty nice and I would not hesitate to put them on the 83 FHP car when it is finished.

I think you should patent the "Parts Police" terminology. Maybe we can make up a badge for you with the logo on it (I'll swear you in). :)

I have a spare, NOS set of these same caps. I may use them on one of my cars, since I only have 10 of the correct ones.

svopaul 05-23-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEvil1 (Post 2697)
Not a copy...it's an original document.

If you get a chance, it'd be interesting to see some of that assembly manual. I've never seen one.

By copy I meant copy on the web....

That would have to be in person, this thing is huge and no way to realistically scan it all....too bad I didn't think to bring it with me to Barbers when everyone was at one place. At least this isn't buried with most of my other stuff, it's sitting in a cabinet in my office here.

By the way, what is this GGG reference? I see it from time to time but must have missed the birth of it when Mike R. banned me from the .org site.

predator20 05-23-2007 10:51 AM

Greedy Gouger Guy

svopaul 05-23-2007 11:40 AM

I see, I knew the general implication but wasn't sure what the last G was.

NoDrama43 05-26-2007 05:48 PM

i bid on the caps and my bid got cancelled. can i get someone here to bid and then ship to me?? ;)

86NeSSP 05-26-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 2734)
i bid on the caps and my bid got cancelled. can i get someone here to bid and then ship to me?? ;)

How much do you want to bid?

NoDrama43 05-26-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svopaul (Post 2700)
By copy I meant copy on the web....

That would have to be in person, this thing is huge and no way to realistically scan it all....too bad I didn't think to bring it with me to Barbers when everyone was at one place. At least this isn't buried with most of my other stuff, it's sitting in a cabinet in my office here.

By the way, what is this GGG reference? I see it from time to time but must have missed the birth of it when Mike R. banned me from the .org site.

Paul, I gave birth to that phrase after a guy paid 4.00 each for 85/86 centercaps, came on the site (org) bragging about it, then a week later advertised them on the same site for 200.00 each. needless to say he was promptly booted and the phrase kinda stuck around. I am also the person being referred to as the "Parts Police" by the seller of the caps. I think I also coined the phrase "parts thug" during the same time frame. I don't mean to be such an ass......I just can't help myself sometime......:thumbsup:

regardless.....the hobby is a better place, and sometimes we have to look after our own if you know what I mean.....

svopaul 05-28-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 2736)
Paul, I gave birth to that phrase after a guy paid 4.00 each for 85/86 centercaps, came on the site (org) bragging about it, then a week later advertised them on the same site for 200.00 each. needless to say he was promptly booted and the phrase kinda stuck around. I am also the person being referred to as the "Parts Police" by the seller of the caps. I think I also coined the phrase "parts thug" during the same time frame. I don't mean to be such an ass......I just can't help myself sometime......:thumbsup:

regardless.....the hobby is a better place, and sometimes we have to look after our own if you know what I mean.....

I remember that guy.....Fine if someone gets a deal and makes some money but shear stupidity to go bragging about it to your target audience and then jacking them up 1000%. He deserved what he got for that move.

NoDrama43 05-28-2007 10:58 PM

i say that if you sell parts for a living then whatever you can get for something is fair game since it is your living.

on the other hand when you come on the site, claiming to be doing everyone a favor when in reality you are jacking stuff up 1000% you are a GGG and not helping anyone out at all, just raising the prices. 85/86 steel wheels and caps are a perfect example. prices on those two items alone have doubled over the past year.

no doubt as the cars increase in value, so will the parts. I see the Pinto caps on ebay went for a pretty good price (165.00). I have looked at every early car in service pick I can find and have been unable to find a pic of a car with that style cap. they would be better than not having any I suppose and they are nicer than the cheap looking pot metal style.