Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Restoration-related Equipment Tech (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Light Bar / Radio ??? (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2507)

NoDrama43 03-02-2010 03:04 PM

Some items are almost impossible to find. Like a Federal Signal PA500 FM siren needed for the Michigan SSP. It took Bruce Howard over three years to find his, then he found me one listed 30 minutes from my house.

I have been looking for over 5 years now for the Washington State Police radio. I have the correct control box and siren but the radio is nowhere to be found. I keep hoping that one will appear someday.

The hunt for and the locating of the correct equipment is one of the most enjoyable parts of this hobby for me. :)

MOstang 03-02-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDrama43 (Post 18788)
The hunt for and the locating of the correct equipment is one of the most enjoyable parts of this hobby for me. :)

+1000

MOstang 03-02-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssp91ssp (Post 18774)
Thanks Mike!! Well put my friend !
I needed that little chat , the patience part is hard for me since all my past mustangs have been high perf ones .
Those cars you just make a list pick up the phone and place an order , 2 weeks later you have 500hp .. lol?

Hector - Thank you for receiving my feedback in the spirit it was intended. Also well put about the difference in modifying a late model Mustang versus returning to in-service specs an SSP. I'm not the most patient person (my wife will easily attest to that) and the waiting part with my MSHP SSP was tough beyond belief. I have been fascinated by these Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP's since I first laid eyes on them back in 1988. Never in my wildest dreams thought I would have the opportunity to own one, much less play the part in resurrecting one from being turned into a DARE car. The waiting was unbelieveable but that just made reaching my goal so much more enjoyable. You'll get there and feel the same way too!

Texaspony87 03-02-2010 11:59 PM

I agree with all that has been said here. The hunt is part of the fun :)

08gtcs 03-13-2010 07:57 AM

correct equipment

im doing a 92 fhp car
i posted a thread on some things that i need after reading thi thread i realize that its going to be harder than i thought to get the pieces that i need
i am now in complete asumsion that my car wont be ready for a while atleast when it comes to radios and equipment nd such
luckily i am a body man and dont have to wait for a paint shop

ssp91ssp 03-14-2010 01:00 PM

[quote=08gtcs;19010]im doing a 92 fhp car
i posted a thread on some things that i need after reading thi thread i realize that its going to be harder than i thought to get the pieces that i need
i am now in complete asumsion that my car wont be ready for a while atleast when it comes to radios and equipment nd such
luckily i am a body man and dont have to wait for a paint shop[/QUOTE

I have sent out some emails in search for equip but NO answers yet !:headscratch:

1989 Tx DPS SSP 03-14-2010 02:04 PM

The Code 3 Bar should be easy to come by Hector. Force 4 LP 6000.

Tom

ssp91ssp 03-16-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1989 Tx DPS SSP (Post 19028)
The Code 3 Bar should be easy to come by Hector. Force 4 LP 6000.

Tom

Tom , you are correct on the lightbar .
Sat i made a super quick trip into San Antonio but never had time to see a place there that has brand new units for sale ???

Jerry on here has given me info on his buddy that has nice units , i have sent out an email to him for some pics .

Just a quick update on the Colorado SSP , as of last night it now has street manners with a stock fac rear diff asm .:yes:
It is no longer a wild kicking stallion with a full spool / 430 gears.

ssp91ssp

ssp91ssp 03-18-2010 07:12 PM

Guys , is there a standard lightbar width for a ssp?
i looked around on the site but no answer found ..:headscratch:

thanks
sp91ssp

NoDrama43 03-18-2010 10:35 PM

48 " for use on the Mustang .:yes: