Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome! (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   '82 CHP Mustang in West Tennessee (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2950)

Wolfe1013 10-11-2010 08:14 PM

Yeah, yeah, I've been...lurking...over here now and then. Yeah, that's it. Mostly using that Resto page for CHP Mustangs. :2thumbs:

Took the B4C on a short trip to visit my parents this weekend. Nice driving an automatic again, but I could sure use some cruise control. I had a '99 CVPI from a Wisconsin Sheriff's Dept. that had cruise control, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Power Driver's Seat, PW, PDL...that car had me spoiled. A shame I had to sell it to buy the B4C.

Thanks for the nice comments on the CHP as well.

Hector, I'll try to get something out to you this week. Sorry, I just didn't have time on Saturday.

Greg

ImEvil1 10-11-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe1013 (Post 22147)
Yeah, yeah, I've been...lurking...over here now and then. Yeah, that's it. Mostly using that Resto page for CHP Mustangs. :2thumbs:

Greg

That's what it's there for. :yes:

Ron is super nice. I haven't talked with him for awhile, but he sent me a copy of a newspaper article featuring my car and some pics of his (now yours) '82 awhile back.

Wolfe1013 10-16-2010 11:28 PM

WhatchutalkinboutWillis? What pictures do you have of my car? hmmmm?

Another question: is there a power steering cooler on the '82s? I'm thinking that came later.

ImEvil1 10-17-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe1013 (Post 22251)
WhatchutalkinboutWillis? What pictures do you have of my car? hmmmm?

Another question: is there a power steering cooler on the '82s? I'm thinking that came later.

Just some pics of the car...nothing special.

No PS coolers that I'm aware of.

Wolfe1013 10-17-2010 02:08 AM

OK, he's still looking for the photos he took when it was still yellow. I've found two other '82 CHP's in the same yellow, so I'm guessing Motor Transport painted them that color?

Didn't think so. I'm shopping for ps components and was given the option of a ps cooler - with or without.

ImEvil1 10-17-2010 02:46 AM

Mine was B&W...at least according to the second owner. First owner after CHP was an 1811 (Special Agent) for IRS or something out of CA (long since retired) that I haven't ever been able to track down, not that I've tried too hard.

I can't really read the photocopy of the assignment card that Chris Narkin (former member SPARKS, here, sent me). My car is pretty original, save for the British green paint, so if you need any pics of anything, just let me know.

Wolfe1013 10-17-2010 03:40 PM

Mine was b/w in service, but upon retirement, I believe it was painted yellow. like I said, I've found 2 others listed as parts cars that were the same color yellow.

ImEvil1 10-17-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe1013 (Post 22268)
Mine was b/w in service, but upon retirement, I believe it was painted yellow. like I said, I've found 2 others listed as parts cars that were the same color yellow.

They did paint them in all kinds of colors.

I should have explained more...my car was supposedly sold still in its' original B&W paint (so the story goes) to a LEO. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure, but the guy does exist (and is actually a now-retired LEO, I just haven't tracked him down).

Wolfe1013 11-07-2010 12:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me what this rascal is? It was in the trunk of my car upon delivery with some other miscellaneous items Ron gave me. It looks a lot like the siren mount for the fender well.

ImEvil1 11-07-2010 12:52 AM

With the piece in the middle, I'd tend to agree with you, but there'd be no reason for the end piece to be at a 90 degree like that.