Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking at a 1991 SSP Need Help (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2328)

ajstoys63 01-10-2010 03:33 PM

That would be fine with me.... I will give you the info on the cam. It has been in the engine for about 3 years but the car has not been driven only idled since it was rebuilt. Thats how I know its idle is just too rough for me. I can make arrangements to pull it out as soon as the weather breaks a little. It is the lowest FordRacing cam you can get but too much for my stock needs. I wanted a stock cam because I changed it over from C.F.I. to S.E.F.I. and that is why I ended up with this cam from Summit Racing. I was told by the sales rep that this is like a stock cam... Well guess again.. Ha ha ha!! No I didn't see you cars. Where are the the pictures???
Thanks, Al

NoDrama43 01-10-2010 05:04 PM

anyone know where I can get a bone stock 1985 5.0 camshaft? I need one for the 85 texas car.

ajstoys63 01-10-2010 06:43 PM

This is getting fun... I may have one of those. I will check to see If I still have one with my old stuff... Did you wear it out?? Roller cams are ussualy indestructable. Thats what I was told anyway. Unless someone changed your too... I know that feeling... I took a stock '85 cam ot of the engine that I put into my '84 when I changed the fuel injection system over.. I will check..

NoDrama43 01-10-2010 07:52 PM

The engine in my 85 is not the original and I believe the motor is actually a later year hence EFI. I do not know for sure if I need to change the cam for use with a carb or not.

ajstoys63 01-10-2010 10:08 PM

You may be ok with your current cam. My problem was that the 84's C.F.I. (LTD LX Automatic's came with only C.F.I. no 4 BBL.) was not happy with any changes. It could not take any cam changes without throwing the computer into a frenzy, and it did. Then when I put the newer roller cam engine in her it went crazy and the carb cam was the closest I could get to stock... Now since I installed the port injection I had to re-cam it and I didn't have a mass air cam so I called the good people at Summit and the Ford Racing cam was what was suggested however it is a bit much for what I wanted. But trying to find a stock cam has been alsmost as much fun as trying to find stock exhaust for the '91.... Oh the challenges of older cars.

maxwedge5281 08-21-2022 07:45 AM

blue santa clara ssp...13 years later

interesting read with comments about the blue santa clara ssp. especially, 13 years since the thread was started. i bought the car for a second time a couple of weeks ago. it is still in excellent condition with 71500 miles. first time i owned the car i replaced the black 10 hole wheels with a refinished set of anodized wheels. i still have the ten hole black wheels in storage. previous owner put on larger rear wheels and had windows tinted. i just added a nos set of blue hoses.

maxwedge5281 08-21-2022 07:56 AM

blue santa clara ssp...13 years later

1 Attachment(s)
trying to add a pic of the car today...13 years later.

maxwedge5281 08-21-2022 10:34 AM

blue 91 santa clara ssp

1 Attachment(s)
interior is still like new.

28HopUp 08-21-2022 08:40 PM

That's great!

MOstang 08-22-2022 03:02 PM

It's looking good. :cool: