Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Special Service Mustang.net Forums (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/index.php)
-   Members' SSPs (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1983 GSP Perm #3083 (http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5091)

nighthawk756 07-24-2013 10:28 PM

Talk about luck....holy cow Bobby....I never would've thought you'd be able to find one on this car.

That's fantastic!! Congrats!!

kapracing 07-24-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41638)
Talk about luck....holy cow Bobby....I never would've thought you'd be able to find one on this car.

That's fantastic!! Congrats!!

I know I shoulda played the lottery right! Lol

For what it's worth I didn't think I would either. You shoulda seen my face when I peeled that decal up and saw those #'s :-)

nighthawk756 07-25-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 41639)
I know I shoulda played the lottery right! Lol

For what it's worth I didn't think I would either. You shoulda seen my face when I peeled that decal up and saw those #'s :-)

Yep, you need to buy some lottery tickets for me!! :D

28HopUp 07-25-2013 09:33 AM

Very cool, Bobby! I agree that your unit number is most likely #8083. I used two of the pictures you emailed to me and modified your SSP's page in our Project -

LINK

:cool:

kapracing 07-25-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28HopUp (Post 41643)
Very cool, Bobby! I agree that your unit number is most likely #8083. I used two of the pictures you emailed to me and modified your SSP's page in our Project -

LINK

:cool:

AWESOME !!!
Thanks Bill :-)

kapracing 07-25-2013 05:16 PM

Well I've got a new contact and have been told all 10 of the GSP's were NOT equipped the same. The Atlanta cars were better equipped with the new "State of the art" whelen dash strobes and rear decks. The smaller posts were not (hence the odd looking under bumper lights).

nighthawk756 07-25-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapracing (Post 41653)
Well I've got a new contact and have been told all 10 of the GSP's were NOT equipped the same. The Atlanta cars were better equipped with the new "State of the art" whelen dash strobes and rear decks. The smaller posts were not (hence the odd looking under bumper lights).

Now the next question is........:D

kapracing 07-25-2013 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk756 (Post 41655)
Now the next question is........:D

Well Brad,
I do like the look of no lights. But it does look like mine had SOMETHING there... Until I find out I may just leave them off as that would be more correct than the wrong lights... Who knows this could even be my contacts old car??? Hopefully he can find his old unit #'s...

kapracing 07-27-2013 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yea I'm diffinately digging the cleaner look of the Atlanta car! I'm so hoping this turns out to be my car:-) It's looking like it very well could be... With the dash light holes in it...

kapracing 07-28-2013 05:29 PM

Made my rounds to North ; East and South Atlanta Pull-a-Parts. Scored a pair of mirrors; pair of drip rail mouldings; rear window mouldings; quarter glass mouldings; pair of black rocker mouldings; most of the body mouldings & a radio wood grain trim! Several of the hard to find peices for the 83 :-)